All-Natural Travel Snack Ideas
Photo: Mark Lund
1. Almond Butter Squeeze Packs. Spread it on crackers, celery sticks, baby carrots, and more. Available in four flavors: classic, honey, chocolate, and maple syrup. Justin’s Nut Butter, $10 for a box of 10 packs.
2. Grammy Sammies and Jammy Sammies. These sweet, organic, 100 percent whole-grain sandwich-style treats are just the right size for tiny hands! No trans fats, high fructose corn syrup, or artificial ingredients. Delightful flavor combinations include strawberry jam & peanut butter, cinnamon graham & vanilla yogurt, and blueberries & oatmeal. Revolution Foods, $22 for a box of 5.
3. Maine Maple Munch. A zesty New England blend of dried blueberries and cranberries mixed with plain walnuts and maple glazed walnuts. Maine Munchies, $3 per snack pack; $5 per 5-oz bag.
4. Kuko Bites. Soft and chewy! Made with goji berries, seeds, nuts, dried fruit, and cacao nibs. No wheat, dairy, or trans fats. FullBloom Baking (available at abesmarket.com), $14 for 6 2-oz packs; $17 for 2 6-oz pouches.
5. Organic Spelt Mini Pretzels. An “ancient grain,” spelt has been grown and eaten since 5000 B.C.! More protein than regular wheat; crisp, nutty taste. Happy Herbert’s, $4.
6. Organic Fruit Strips. Like an all-natural version of fruit roll-ups. We like the peach, cranberry, and very berry flavors. At Whole Foods markets nationwide. 365 Everyday Value, $0.60 each.
7. Whole Grain Yoga Chips. Wai Lana, the company that produces yoga gear and videos for kids and adults, now makes all-natural snacks! No wheat, gluten, GMO, soy, preservatives, or trans fats. Wai Lana, $3.
What are your favorite on-the-go snacks? Let us know by tweeting at @PARENTandCHILD using #healthysnacks.
Samantha Brody is the senior editor for Parent & Child.
More healthy alternatives:
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 6-7