In this story, little Piggy just won’t get out of the “squishy-squashy, mooshy-squooshy, oofy-poofy” mud, despite the pleas of her upset parents. After reading this one, kids will love dipping fruit into their own “muddy little puddles” made from chocolate and almond butter.
- 2 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons natural almond butter
- Assorted fruit on skewers, such as strawberries, blueberries, bananas, and raspberries
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate in 10-second increments, stirring until smooth and completely melted.
- Add almond butter, stirring until smooth.
- Serve immediately with fruit.
The Piggy in the Puddle by Charlotte Pomerantz. Alladin Books, 1989
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 3-13