Serves 6 to 8 | Total time: 30 min
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 12-oz baking potato, scrubbed and cut in ½" pieces
- 6 cups lower-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 28-oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 15-oz cans lower-sodium white beans
- 1 8-oz zucchini, cut in 1" pieces
- 1 8-oz yellow squash, cut in 1" pieces
1. Heat the oil over medium in a large soup pot. Add the onion, celery, and thyme, and cook, stirring frequently, 3 minutes, until vegetables are somewhat softened.
2. Add the potato and broth, and bring to a boil; cook until the potato is tender but not quite cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes.
3. Stir in the tomatoes, beans, zucchini, and yellow squash; cook until the zucchini is tender, another 8 to 10 minutes. Taste and add salt and pepper, if desired.
4. Ladle into bowls and serve.
More vegetarian meal ideas: