Activities and Games, Computer Lab Activities
The Thanksgiving Feast: A First Thanksgiving Activity
Students view a slideshow, read text, and go on a fact-finding mission to learn details related to the first Thanksgiving celebration.
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5, 6–8, 9–12
Part of Scholastic’s “The First Thanksgiving” project, “The Thanksgiving Feast” online learning activities share details and clear up misconceptions about the first celebration in 1621.
- Thanksgiving Slideshow: Students can click through 11 images and read accompanying text to see what the first “Turkey Day” might have looked like.
- Web Quest: To answer seven multiple-choice questions, students visit Web sites about the Pilgrims, the Wampanoag, and the famous harvest feast, learning new facts along the way.
While participating in the “The Thanksgiving Feast” activities, students will:
- Use technology tools to access, explore, and synthesize information on the Pilgrims, Plimoth colony, Wampanoags, and the first Thanksgiving
- Develop an understanding of the colonial and Wampanoag cultures of the early 1600s
- Read for detail