Article, Book Resources
Resource Books on Building a Classroom Library
- Grades: PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5, 6–8
- Reading and Writing Informational Texts in the Primary Grades, by Nell K. Duke and V. Susan Bennett-Armistead (Scholastic, 2003).
- Your Classroom Library: New Ways to Give It More Teaching Power, by D. Ray Reutzel and Parker C. Fawson (Scholastic, 2002).
- The Essential Guide to Children's Books and Their Creators, by Anita Silvey (Houghton Mifflin, 2002).
- Read-Alouds With Young Children, by R. Campbell (International Reading Association, 2001).
- Teaching Reading in Middle School, by Laura Robb (Scholastic, 2000).
- Matching Books to Readers: Using Leveled Books in Guided Reading, K–3, by I.C. Fountas and G.S. Pinnell (Heinemann Educational Books, 1999).
- Black Books Galore! Guide to Great African-American Children's Books, by Donna Rand et al (John Wiley & Sons, 1998).
- Voice and Choice in Student-Centered Classrooms, by H. Daniels (Stenhouse Publishers, 1994).