Grades K - 2
Grade level Equivalent: 1.9
Lexile® Measure: 480L
Guided Reading: I
- Autobiography and Biography
- Early Exploration and Settlements
- Exploration and Discovery
- Historic Figures
About This Book
Columbus used a compass and the stars to sail to The Bahamas from Spain in 1492, and this book colorfully illustrates his adventure of exploration with maps and artwork.
Biographies are an area of high interest for young readers.
- Photographs are directly related to the text to encourage independent reading.
- Series features vocabulary preview and review pages and backmatter, which gives young readers additional material to discuss or think about.